Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:23:32 -0700
From:      G-der <gder@gder.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xauth problems

I keep getting the following whenever I log into my FreeBSD system:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name
"my.domain.address.com:11.0" in "add" command

I'm not running an X server on this system, I turned on X11 forwarding
in sshd so I could connect from work.

My loging shell is tcsh-6.09.00 running on a 3.4-RELEASE system.  I also
included this in my .tcshrc, but it doesn't appear to set up the DISPLAY
variable like I expected...

if ($?DISPLAY == 0) then
    if ($?REMOTEHOST) then
        setenv DISPLAY ${REMOTEHOST}:0
    else
        setenv DISPLAY :0
    endif
endif

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am not a regular subscriber
to -questions a cc to this address would also be appreciated.

G-der
gder@gder.net
aka
Gene Dinkey