Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:22:06 -0400
From:      "Cote, Jeffery" <Jeffery.Cote@lmco.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DMA limits?

We are currently looking to use the DMA to transfer data on a byte by
byte basis from a given memory location to an I/O device.  Currently we
are having problems with the 64k barrier encoutered with the data
segments for we are transferring data from a large array.  Will we
encounter this problem with the DMA transfer as well or is the DMA
capable of accessing the full 4G physical memory pool (using an 8237
chip set)?

thanks