Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:29:09 +0100
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@svenskabutiker.se>
To:        dirk@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mysql-server-3.23.46

Hi Dirk,

With the new p5-DBD-mysql port maybe it is time to make mysql323 depend on it
instead of p5-Mysql, The files installed by the two DBD ports are the same so
this does not make that much a difference but since the p5-Mysql port is going
away this is probaly the time to make the switch.

Also can you add a WITH_INNODB switch, I always change the line
--with-berkeley-db to --with-innodb since I use innodb instead of bdb tables.
Maybe all extra table handlers (incl. bdb) should be turned on with WITH_XXXX
switches.

Another thing I found is that mysqld & friends looks for the my.cnf file in
/etc not in /usr/local/etc this is not the expected behavior of a FreeBSD
port, I don't know how to compile in some other default path.

Do you want me to make diffs for these things or are they so small that you
can make them yourself in no time?

	/Martin

--
Martin Nilsson, Civilingenjör M.Sc. CS&E
Svenska Butiker AB,