Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:44:34 -0800
From:      Nick Jennings <nkj@namodn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla hangs X ?

Hi,

 I am using FreeBSD 4.7 and am experiencing a strange X lockup that I am
 able to reproduce. When I am using Mozilla, in X (doesn't matter what
 window manager I am using) and I have *allot* of tabs open, probably
 allot of the sites have javascripts etc. Sometimes, and I haven't noticed
 any pattern in what I am doing other than having allot of tabs open
 (probably 20+), X completely hangs.

 The mouse locks up, I can't move it, nothing responds. If I try to
 switch to another console I get a no signal error (on my LCD monitor)
 so it just doesn't get any signal from the video card apparently.

 I can ssh into the box from another machine and about all I can do is
 restart the system. Once the machine restarts, the video is back online.

 Anyone else experience this problem? It has been going on ever since I
 installed 4.7 and since then I have updated to STABLE branch a few times,
 and updated to devel mozilla. No change.

 All help appreciated, please keep me CC'd as I am not subscribed to
 freebsd-questions. Thanks.

- Nick