Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 2015 17:44:55 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD STABLE" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is there a linux_base available for RELENG_9?

I performed av svn update for both src (r279796),
and ports (r380829) last night. building/installing
world/kernel, went as one would hope. Upgrading ports
was a different story. Given this box has an nVidia card.
I usually start by upgrading emulators/linux_base; which
according to UPDATING; meant linux_base-f10 --> linux_base-c6.
I deinstalled x11/nvidia-driver, followed by
emulators/linux_base-f10. I then attempted to make install
emulators/linux_base-c6, which resulted in a message
that it wasn't supported. So I simply cd'd to
emulators/linux_base-f10, followed by make install. Which
resulted in a CVE message; indicating it was vulnerable
to glib issues. I'm now stuck w/o hardware support for
my video card, and unable to effectively follow
a safe port upgrade path, that enables me to keep the
options I have chosen for my currently installed ports.
Is there a *safe* linux_base available?

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris