Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:30:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!  My Disks Are GONE...

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> The 164LX cannot find the disks after make installworld and a reboot.
> They are simply gone.
>
> the console monitor simply looks for dka0.2000.0 or some such and never
> finds it.  The floppy disks seem to still be there.
>
> For a while, it would boot from the disks, only to hang in the device scan.
> Now, the console (SRM?) cannot find the disks.
>
> Any idea is welcome.  I got lots of work accomplished there...

When I was cross developing from NetBSD to FreeBSD on the 164LX, I had to
power-cycle the thing when switching operating systems before the ncr
driver in NetBSD would work right.  Try power-cycling it (leave it off for
a few seconds etc.).

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039