Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:32:18 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        Steve Bernard <sbernard@gmu.edu>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3COM 3XP card

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:28:58PM -0500, Steve Bernard wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Are you porting the OpenBSD code for HiFn chips? Either way, which chipsets
> are you planning on writting drivers for?

That was the original plan.  However, our code is different enough
from OpenBSD that a simple port doesn't appear to be feasible, more
work is needed to shim things into our networking stack.  For the first
round, I'm planning on support for HiFn (7751, 7791) boards, as that
is the hardware that I have.

More drivers can be added later, assuming I'm able to get the hardware
and documentation for them.
--
Jonathan