Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:58:26 -0500
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cron mails too high

Dear FreeBSD,

    I have two cases on different domains with this problem.
Suppose my FreeBSD box is mymachine.campus.edu

    Lately, the machine that outranks me at my domain has been getting
mail addressed to root@campus.edu instead of the correct
root@mymachine.campus.edu.  I believe cron is sending the mail, since at
one network (at home) my "upper" machine root@myhouse.com is getting
security check outputs and daily run outputs from the "lower" machine,
root@newbox.myhouse.com.

wayne@barnes1:/home/wayne>uname -a
FreeBSD barnes1.wustl.edu 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #1: Sun Jul 21
13:45:09 CDT 2002
wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENFOTWO  i386

    The only non-standard thing I am doing is running postfix instead
of sendmail.  How could that be the problem?  And if so, what would
be a fix?

    While waiting for a helpful answer, I think I'll set /etc/aliases to
have

root:  root@newbox.myhouse.com

which should hardly be necessary, but I want to stop annoying my
major domain holder.

 --
Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq.com