Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:25:53 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can't boot 4.2R

4.2-R from ISO image (but it wont't boot from the image, only from
dskts, while I have booted from this ISO image CDROM on other
machines), 32 M RAM, 350 megs IDE disk, to be a dedicated NS.

I've installed about 6 times now, always error free, except it won't
boot, from ISO and from ftp.de.freebsd.org.

When I choose no boot manager, "invalid partition table".

When I choose boot manager, I get the F1 F2 F3 menu, but hitting F1
(or any F) just beeps, doesn't boot.

I've bounced back and forth between no boot mgr/boot manager, hoping
rewriting the partition table would work, plus I've changed partition
sizes a few times.

This disk was booting FreeBSD 3.4 just fine in a compaq 466, now retired.

Len