Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:28:17 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sockets still open for shutdown jail days later

I shutdown a jail on one of our 7.0-release boxes the other day and
while doing some more maintenance on one of the other jails I notice
the other still listed in jls.

After doing some digging I found we have 60 sockets still open for
said jail.

tcp4       0  58500  X.X.X.X.80        Y.Y.Y.Y.26696    LAST_ACK
tcp4       0  53845  X.X.X.X.80        Y.Y.Y.Y.64765    LAST_ACK

The jail was shutdown a few days ago now so I would have expected
any lingering sockets to have expired and been cleaned up but
clearly not. This interface is also no longer bound to the source
IP.

So is this issue in the jail code or a problem in the IP stack?

Anyone seen this before?

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.