Date:      02 Nov 2002 15:55:27 -0500
From:      "Alex(ander Sendzimir)" <alex@battleface.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: release build

When you say, "release build", I'm assuming you mean a kernel and base
system. If this is the case, then, yes. It's pretty easy.

[1] place your custom configuration in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
    (or link to it there)
[2] read the top part of /usr/src/Makefile
[3] you might want to create|configure /etc/make.conf by
    setting KERNCONF. For an additional 30M or so you can
    compile for both machines.
[4] Assuming you have the two machines networking, setup nfs
    so that you can install from the PIII.

This answer goes beyond what you asked with the nfs stuff. But there you
have it anyway. No cross compiling. This is a basic overview. Questions?

Alex