Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 10:42:30 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   blackout - fsck - cleared files

Hello,

Last night it was suddenly very dark in the neighbourhood here.
Luckely the electricity came back within the hour, but still, my
computer didn't like me anymore. It boots without problem, but fsck
gave me a lot of lines like:

<118> I=1119059  OWNER=edwin MODE=100600
<118>/dev/ad0s1f: SIZE=443 MTIME=May 10 23:44 2002  (CLEARED)
<118>/dev/ad0s1f:
<118>UNREF FILE

Is there a way I can find out what this file was (find /usr -inum
1119059 didn't return any results) and there is nowhere a lost+found
directory on the disk.

The cleared message, does it mean the directory entrance for this
file is cleared or that some dirty-flag is cleared?

Edwin, just curious

--
Edwin Groothuis      |           Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |        Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: