Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 10:44:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Recommended addition to apmd: Battery state watching

In message <3AFA75A7.6050809@quack.kfu.com> Nick Sayer writes:
: Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message <3AF96825.50803@quack.kfu.com> Nick Sayer writes:
: > : Anyone have any thoughts?
: >
: > I like this idea.  But there are issues with that.  What does 2% mean?
: > If I plug in an discharged battery, I don't want things to shut down
: > if I go from 1% charge to 2% charge.
:
: That's why I said that it had to go from being above or equal to the
: number to going below it -- that is, the transition had to be downward
: and AC offline.

There are times that I'd want to go the other way too.  If my battery
is low, I'd like to keep things dim on my screen unitl a certain % of
charge is achieved.  This on the theory that if I'm using less power,
the battery charges faster.

: > However the real solution is to get the quad life batteries :-)
:
: I've got 'em, but until we have the portable version of Mr. Fusion it's
: still an issue. :-)

Ah.  I knew I should have got mine while I was in japan.