Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:02:27 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   java/jdk port

Hi...

	Since it doesn't look like we'll be supporting jdk(?) under
FreeBSD, can anyone comment on Kaffe?  I'm just getting geared up for
a project that, altho the end product will *have* to run under Windows
NT *groan*, I'd kind of like to keep development under my native
platform...

	Also, *is* there any development work being performed on getting
JDK native under FreeBSD, or, at least, running?  There used to be a port,a
as my substantially older 2.2 machine has a copy of it, but I don't recall
where I grabbed it from, and it isn't in ports :(