Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:50:26 -0600
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        asami@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/gnat

> This is another port that needs to be updated for 2.7.2....

We really need one of the latest 3.0x builds of GNAT which rely
on having either kernel or pthreads for tasking.  The problem is
that GNAT is needed to build GNAT - I think this happened around
GNAT-2.05 or 2.06.  I think 2.05 was based on gcc-2.6.3, and
2.06/7 is based on gcc-2.7.0.  Newer versions of GNAT are based
on 2.7.2.

Getting to GNAT-3.0x seems ugly and difficult, but it would be
a worthwhile effort (from my point of view ;-) ).  The earliest I
could attempt it would be early next year :(

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org