Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 16:01:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in ypxfer's Makefile

Of all the gin joints in all the world, Marc G. Fournier had to walk
into mine and say:

> In /usr/src/lib/rpcsvc, the makefile has:

> RPCSRCS= klm_prot.x mount.x nfs_prot.x nlm_prot.x rex.x rnusers.x \
>         rquota.x rstat.x rwall.x sm_inter.x spray.x yppasswd.x ypxfrd.x
>
> But an ls doesn't show a ypxfrd.x file:
>
> Makefile        nfs_prot.x      rex_xdr.c       rstat.x         sm_inter_xdr.c
> klm_prot.x      nfs_prot_xdr.c  rnusers.x       rstat_xdr.c     spray.x
> klm_prot_xdr.c  nlm_prot.x      rnusers_xdr.c   rwall.x         spray_xdr.c
> mount.x         nlm_prot_xdr.c  rquota.x        rwall_xdr.c     yppasswd.x
> mount_xdr.c     rex.x           rquota_xdr.c    sm_inter.x      yppasswd_xdr.

> I assume that ypxfrd.x should be removed from the Makefile?  My sources
> are those supped late last night (June 5th)

The protocol definition files do not live in /usr/src/lib/rpcsvc: they
live in /usr/src/include/rpcsvc. Check that your include/rpcsvc directory
is up to date (has ypxfrd.x), then do a (cd /usr/src/include/rpcsvc;
make install) and _then_ try to build librpcsvc.

ypxfrd.x should not be removed from the Makefile: I want it built
so that the XDR functions will end up in librpcsvc. That way I don't
have to compile them seperately into ypxfr and rpc.ypxfrd.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager
License error: The license for this .sig file has expired. You must obtain
a new license key before any more witty phrases will appear in this space.