Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 07:57:22 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Charles Pelletier <fozekizer@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd 4.5 failures

Charles Pelletier wrote:
> just a question for the masses..
> why have so many failed 4.5R installations/upgrades occured? i did a clean
> install(via ftp) on a P133, ancient Aopen system, had to use a promise UDMA
> 66 addon card for my harddrive and only have 24 MB ram on my system so you'd
> think that I of all people would have had major problems. But, my system has
> been up and running for about a month solid until today (had to reboot post
> power outtage). Anyways, just wondering,
> --charlie pelletier
> --litmus(mp3.com/litmus)

How many people send emails to the list saying "I didn't have any problems"
compared to the people who have problems asking for help?

I doubt if the number of people having problems with 4.5 is any higher than
it was at any point in the past, it's just that this list is for helping
people, so most of the people that post are having trouble.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology