Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 08:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        current@FreeBSd.org
Subject:   make world is taking forever

Is anybody else having problems with make world taking a very long time?
I remember not too long ago make world would take about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Yesterday it took almost 5 hours.  I haven't changed any hardware.  The
only thing I did slightly different was make clean before make world.
Would that explain the extra 1 1/2 hours?

FYI my hardware:

MB:	Asus P/I P55T2P4 w/ 512k Pipeline burst casche
RAM:	80meg (64 EDO 60ns, 16 FPM 60ns, both non-parity)
HD:	1.6g & 3.1g WD EIDE

Burton
---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)