Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:38:17 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail address rewriting

I have what is most likely a simple misunderstanding of the sendmail.cf
file configuration.  But, nothing I have tried works.  Basically I have
one machine (zoon) which is the mail host for all received mail.  All
user mailboxes are on that machine and it is the host identified in the
MX records.  I have the send mail server on zoot.  When a message is
sent out without a domain in the to address, zoot is filling it in with
zoot.lafn.org which makes the reply functions useless.  Zoot does not
accept incoming mail.  How do I get zoot's sendmail to use the domain
lafn.org in these cases?

Here is zoot's mc file

VERSIONID(`$Id: ZOOT.mc,v 1.1 2000/05/31 22:21:02 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl

dnl set SASL options
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN')dnl
define(`confDEF_AUTH_INFO', `/etc/mail/auth-info')dnl

MASQUERADE_AS(`lafn.org')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`lafn.org')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`relay_entire_domain')dnl

FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/virtusers')dnl
FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend')dnl
FEATURE(`no_default_msa')dnl
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl
define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN',`3d')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN',`5d')dnl
define(`LOCAL_RELAY',`mail.lafn.org')dnl
LOCAL_USER(`root')dnl

MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+S')dnl

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl