Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:47:12 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Steve Clement <steve@localhost.lu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, ariff@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ICH7 snd_hda

Quoting Steve Clement <steve@localhost.lu> (from Thu, 28 Dec 2006 =20
14:08:21 +0100):

> I wondered what that plans are on including the snd_hda driver in any
> of the upcoming releases as it seems to be stable enough to listen to
> things and using the mic

6.2 is around the corner. It would be even there already if we didn't =20
had a hardware problem with our master ftp server. Now that the =20
problems with the ftp server are resolved, the goal is to get 6.2 out =20
of the door. Fixes for (showstopper) bugs can go in, but not new =20
drivers or features at this point in time. So don't expect the HDA =20
stuff to appear in 6.2.

7.0 will be the new stable branch in half a year. 6.3 will not appear =20
in less than half a year. If HDA will be in 6.3 or not is open (I =20
think).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Your mind understands what you have been
taught; your heart, what is true.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137