Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:53:46 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: New i386 interrupt and SMP code..

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 05:34:47PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> - The ACPI MADT table can be used to enumerate CPUs instead of
>   the MP Table if ACPI is enabled.  This will add true HT support
>   in that we will finally support the BIOS setting for HT.

Will there be an option to ignore the BIOS and do something like the
current system?  I'm all for paying attention to the BIOS, but I've got
over 75 Xeons in my cluster and if they have the wrong BIOS settings,
this is going to hurt when we switch to 5.x.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this change.  The death of the SMP
kernel is something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

-- Brooks

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h--