Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 01:10:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!

(Minor note, Jordan: the mail headers were lying, i've cancelled the
posting to the hackers list since i did't think there are too many
German readers here... so you've been the only one who's got _this_.)

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> It also makes me wonder though..  We have all these bugs, questions,
> hackers, etc. lists in the U.S., but why not create local counterparts
> to all of them for non-english speakers?

At least for the German region, i don't see an urgent need by now.  We
could perhaps create a _single_ German list, but everything else is
probably overkill.  The BSD topics are continuously present in
de.comp.os.unix (which is not an overcrowded group at all,
fortunately).

Should we consider creating such a list some day, i strongly vote for
aliasing @de.freebsd.org to some German university's mailing list
server, to avoid transatlantic traffic where possible.

--
cheers, J"org