Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:57:31 +0100
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, beyssac@enst.fr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should jail treat ip-number?

Yoshinobu Inoue wrote:
> If explicit needs for "multiple addrs per address family" are
> not clear now, I would like to try to implement just adding
> ip6_number member for this time.

I think sockaddrs are better because it allows you to change to
multiple IP-support without changing the interface again. Or
you can add IPX (whatever) support without disturbing existing
applications...

I'd say (but I'm not a real hacker) make jail accept a list of
sockaddrs and -for now- disallow anything except a single IPv4
and a single IPv6 address in that list.

I'm now pretty sure multiple IPs per jail is a good idea, but you
can easily defer implementation to some point in the future...

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen - jeroen@vangelderen.org