Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:03:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, steveb@tor.mcd.mot.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PowerPC Port?

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Yes.  I have a port in progress.
> >
> > For another option, check out http://www.tenon.com
> > MachTen is a bit more pricey than FreeBSD, but it's available now.
>
> 1)	He's from Motorolla, so he's probably using Motorolla hardware.

Good point.  He did say PowerPC, didn't he?  I automatically parsed that
to PowerMac and ran with it, 'cuz I think the only non-Apple PowerPC I've
seen is the BeBox.  (Have you seen that one?  Impressions?)

> 	The *is* another non-OSF Mach port in progress, but it is far
> 	from complete.  This port *will* document the hardware.  By
> 	the time this happens, I suspect that the Apple hardware it
> 	documents will no longer be "interesting" (just like the Linux
> 	and NetBSD Mac 68k ports document the 68k Mac hardware, but
> 	few people actually care, and no one buys a new 68k Mac just
> 	to run the code).
>
> 	All in all, the Motorolla hardware is more interesting anyway.

Which Motorola hardware would you be referring to?  Every Mac in the
world has a Motorola CPU in it.  ;)

Dave

David Walton                                     Unix Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503