Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:06:43 -0800
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ip_input.c

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 01:25:10PM -0800, Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com> wrote:
> I have a mail regarding the ip_input.c bug that has a patch out now.
> I am rather new and am running 2.2.5 - RELEASE.
> I hope to clear up several questions here.
>
> 1) What are the differences between.  -current -stable -RELEASE ??
>
> 2) Since I am running a server with 2.2.5 -RELEASE, does this needed patch
> apply to me?
>
> 3) How do I implement the patch?  patch ip_input.c patch_source ????
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Keith W.
>

> 	----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 	Keith Woodman					Technical Coordinator
> 	Keith@lightningweb.com				Lightningweb LLC
>

> 	      pid 7962 (sniffit), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)

	If you read the advisory, it say:

Affects:        FreeBSD 3.0 and
                FreeBSD-current before the correction date.

	Are you running 3.0 or -current? No. The 2.2 branch is not affected
	at all.

-- Yan

I don't have the password .... + Jan Koum
But the path is chainlinked .. | Spelled Jan, pronounced Yan. There.
So if you've got the time .... | Web: http://www.best.com/~jkb
Set the tone to sync ......... + OS: http://www.FreeBSD.org