Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:59:33 +0200
From:      Charlie & <root@komanda.com.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Something strange happend!

  On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 10:46:50PM -0500, John Telford wrote:
> I just had a case at my companies collocated  box running FBSD with random
> restarts that also displayed a parity error on the RAM.
   The memory modules are 4x16M SIMM and they are in slots about 2 year, so
   I dont think its the reason.
> Heat due to a  failed cooling fan, lack of air flow, or dust build up.
   The case is opened all the time.
> Don't rule out the power supply yet, they can go bad at anytime, or throw
> intermittent surges/dips. I had one a few years back that kept restarting 2
> times a month. Once it fried 3 of the 4 drives all in one shot.
  there is only one HDD 4.5 Seagate UW(68pin) ST34520W. have worked before
  just fine in this PC.
  Probably I need to switch on some software to log the
  system activity and try to catch that moment. What should I do?
  Any ideas?
 System Administrator
 Editors Headquarters of Sports Newspaper KOMANDA
 Ukraine, KYIV, Dehtjarivska st, 52.
 e-mail: sysadmin@komanda.com.ua
 Alex Bulygin