Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 18:43:08 +0000
From:      Bob Abel <babel@cais.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        babel@cais.com
Subject:   jdk port

I have freebsd system 2.1 installed as web server.

It seems that I may be having problems with the rel 2.1.5 jdk port.

Installed  jdk REL 2.1.5 via the ports structure.  Although all seemed well, there
were quite a few files left in the "work" dir that were not installed anywheres else.

The ports structure created the /usr/local/share/java dir.  The classes.zip file was
installed under the ./java dir.  this seems normal.

When tying to install "kaffe" (using REL 2.1.5 ports structure) it gave the error
can't  find /usr/local/share/java/ classes.zip ???  yet I saw with my own two eyes
IT IS INSTALLED !

Changed file perms on /usr/local/share/java/classes.zip to WORLD (777) yet system
still does not acknowledge it's exixtance.  Any hints ?

Thanks in advance

Bob Abel
babel@cais.com