Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 08:29:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        jrs <jrs@CERF.NET>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on first time install and docs.

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, jrs wrote:

> Ok.  but is the (curses?) screen handling library/code available to the
> user?

The library is /usr/lib/libdialog.*.  The only documentation I'm aware is
in the source code (/usr/src/gnu/lib/libdialog/) where the readme states:

  This library was split out from the `dialog' program for use
  in C programs.  For a list of interface functions, see dialog.h.
  For usage examples, see the `dialog' program sources in
  /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/dialog.

  You can additionally use any ncurses functions after init_dialog().

Remember, this isn't a tight commercial operation that carefully guards
its jewels (which sometimes turn out indiscript hunks of granite).
Everything is out in the open for all to see!

If you want gory details about using the library, I'd suggest bothering
Jordan (jkh@freebsd.org).

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============