Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 19:25:05 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Finding a.out shared libraries (was: Netscape no longer works with ELF system)

> If it would help, I could add a FreeBSD-3.0-ELF directory on ftp.xfree86.org
> with a set of XFree86 3.3.2.3 binaries in ELF format.  An X3323alib.tgz
> tarball could be added with the a.out libraries (should it contain static
> libs as well as shared libs?).

That would be great.  Could we do the name change we talked about
earlier with the last release as well?  You know, the 3.3.2.3 subdir
with canonically named tarballs below that?

> Or should the current a.out binaries in the FreeBSD-3.0 directory simply
> be replaced with ELF ones?

Urk, please no, I was sort of hoping to use at least part of that one
to populate the /usr/X11R6/lib/compat directory. :-)

- Jordan