Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:24:05 +0200
From:      GiZmen <gizmen@zion.vsip.pl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with file system

Hi,

Recently my box had a power failure and after reboot when
i wanted to check my encrypted filesystem with fsck i
have that message:

# fsck /dev/ad0s1g.bde
** /dev/ad0s1g.bde (NO WRITE)
** Last Mounted on /crypto
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
 fsck_ufs: cannot alloc 2129430592 bytes for inoinfo

or:

# fsck_ffs -p /dev/ad0s1g.bde
/dev/ad0s1g.bde: NO WRITE ACCESS
/dev/ad0s1g.bde: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

i know that i have no write access but this file system is
mounted right now and it seems that everything is ok.
I have tried to repair this when this file system was unmounted
but i had the same errors.

I don't know how to repair this file system. Could anyone point me
what to do?

thx

--
Best Regards:
		GiZmen

UNIX is user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends
UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity