Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 09:13:44 -0400
From:      Anne Brink <anneb@svl.tec.army.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question: HP-Vectra AMD SCSI/ethernet board  & driver status

Happy Monday morning, folks!

What's the status on the driver for the on-board SCSI and ethernet
controller for the HP-Vectra?  Archives from the mailing list from
several months ago indicate that then, it was only partially supported;
however, the 3.0SNAP from February boot floppy managed to recognize both
the ethernet and all the attached SCSI devices.  But, instead of getting
the familiar stand/sysinstall menu, I get a black screen with a little
cursor at the bottom left--  not conducive to getting an installed system.

So, the question is, 'should this be working and I should try to track down
driver/IRQ conflicts, or, should it not be working so I should go find
another machine?' (Or, I guess, 'should I go download the brand spanking new
SNAP release?')

Thanks for any help,

					-Anne Brink
					anneb@svl.tec.army.mil

--
"The only thing more frightening than a programmer with a screwdriver or a
hardware engineer with a program is a user with a pair of wire cutters and