Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Static CVSup still possible?

I used to be able to install CVsup and just copy the cvsup program to
other machines. I just tried it today and on the target machine (an old
4.5 machine) it complained about some missing libraries.

Is it still possible to build CVsup in such a way that one could just copy
the cvsup file to another machine?

How about making a package or a binary distribution?

I tried "make package", and got a package, but on the target machine it
then needed a number of other ports. At the time the machine did not have
a port directory and no cvsup. :-(

I ended up making a gzipped tar file of one of my machines ports directory
and am now building cvsup from sources (also had to manually copy
/usr/share/mk/bsd.port* files)