Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:41:47 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@streamyx.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some initial Gnome 2.5 problems

--2B/JsCI69OhZNC5r

5.2-beta (2003-12-03)

On upgrading, older config files may cause crashes for gnome-panel,
eg. run application, recent files:
The solution I found was to clean out files/settings related to crashing
apps in ~/.gconf

Nautilus/gnomevfs2 problems:
This affects nautilus, seems to be vfs related. Killing vfsd allows it
to load up properly. Only wierd thing I see is that autoconf is
complaining about /usr/include/sys/mount.h when building.

configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
checking for sys/mount.h... yes

There are quite a few, intermittent crashes. Sending those via
bug-buddy.

So far I like it.. overall things seem to be quicker, especially
nautilus. I don't dread to click on folders anymore. :)

--2B/JsCI69OhZNC5r

--2B/JsCI69OhZNC5r--