Date:      10 Jun 2002 21:51:04 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Jeff Seeman <danger@e-lated.org>
Cc:        gunnut@2ainfo.it, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux-mozilla problem

--=-gfPFn28janj5LH6PAaIP

Hi,
  I'm also experiencing this problem, and I'm pleased to see that
someone knows of a fix.

I'm not running native jdk13 on this system either, make search in the
ports dir returns several results for jdk. Which one is the correct one
(that which you referred to as "native jdk13")?

Stacey

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 19:54, Jeff Seeman wrote:
> I had this exact problem a few months ago, and what I found was getext wa=
> somehow broken on my system. A fresh install fixed it.
>=20
> I think your problem may be is that you are not using native jdk13.
>=20
> well hope this helps a little.
>=20
>=20
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 gunnut@2ainfo.it wrote:
>=20
> > -
> >
> > Hello,
> >      I have installed linux-mozilla-1.0 4.5-STABLE on i386 arch with
> >      linux-jdk-1.3.1 and linux-base-7.1
> >      whenever I enter a web site with java enabled the browser crashes
> >      Any help really appreciated
> >      sincerely
> >      Filippo
> >
> > This is the eroor message I get when launching the application
> > from Eterm
> >

> > INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of "java_vm" failed: 2
> > <
> > System error?:: No such file or directory
> > Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 9 (Bad file descriptor) on X server :0.0.
> > INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
> > System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

>=20
>=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer