Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:24:13 -0000
From:      "Nicolai P Guba" <nicolai@btinternet.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Just curious, how large is FreeBSD?

Welcome!

> though.  Every time I installed ALL, the installation froze after about 30
minutes.  I tried this about 8 times
> and realized that every time it froze on the exact same place.  I
eventually came to the conclusion that ALL
> could

Ahem, why bother installing ALL esp for the first-time?  I would get a basic
system running first, then adding packages selectively via sysinstall.  I
very much doubt that you would need all the language dependend packages
etc... etc...

Alternatively, try going for the X-User or so pre-defined sets...

Happy Hacking