Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:27:37 -0400
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse cursor invisible in VESA modes?

--nextPart1975075.nFkLIjYxeq

On September 17, 2005 09:56 am, Andrew Pogrebennyk wrote:
> Good day!
> My question deals with VESA-patch, which was commited some time ago
> into CURRENT. I dont' know if it is a known bug or a bad luck of mine
> so I ask... Yet before I've tested VESA-patch with 5.3-RELEASE and
> 5.4-RELEASE, and currently I'm using 6.0-BETA4. And everytime I've got
> one the same problem - the mouse cursor disappears when using
> resolutions higher than VESA_800x600. In another words, the mouse still
> works but the cursor is invisible. Also, as far as I remember, I'd been
> encountering some error messages from vidcontrol when using earlier
> versions of this patch, but now they seem to be fixed. However, the
> whole problem still remains.
>
> My system is x86 PC, MB is ASUS A7V8X-X (based on VIA KT400 chipset),
> videocard is ATI Radeon 9600 128MB and mouse is Microsoft IntelliMouse
> Optical 1.1A, plugged into USB (but PS/2 tried as well). Kernel
> contains ony the following console-related stuff:
> options     VESA
> options     SC_PIXEL_MODE
> options     SC_MOUSE_CHAR=3D0x3
> options     SC_HISTORY_SIZE=3D1200
> I dont' know what else details about my system I need to tell in such
> situation, so excuse me if I missed something important.
> 							Regards. Andrew

Same here, but my mouse reappears when I try any resolution in 16-bit depth=
=2E =20

=46or example :
vidcontrol @ MODE_280 is 1024x768@24bpp (no mouse) while MODE_279 is=20
1024x768@16bpp works.

Nicolas.
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Sep  7 18:04:05 EDT 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://66.130.198.54:8081/security/nb_root.asc