Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:39:31 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        crest@rlwinm.de, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! two machines ran out of swap and corrupted their zpools!

> How much trust do you put in your hardware? Have you ever put the
> hardware under full load for extended periods before e.g. run poudriere
> to build pkg repos?

Ah, now that is a good point. There are two drves in each machine, mirrored,
but one of each of the pair is 6 years old. We havent seen any errors, but
that doesnt mean it wouldnt errpr under test.

On the other hand I would epect only one drive to be corrupt in that case
though, and booting from the otherdrive still shows the same problems.
But that may be due to ZFS finding both drievs and trying to use them
as a pair ? Am not sure how far into the boot sequence it starts using
more tha just the drive it was booted from....

-pete.