Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:14:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe Schmoe <non_secure@yahoo.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: host-based ssh authentication (no password) not working ... help needed

--- Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
wrote:

> For ssh(1) to work using key based auth, all of the
> files in
> ~user/.ssh on the server must have the correct
> permissions, and the
> host public keys for the server should be known to
> the client machine,
> and vice versa.

No no ... I was talking about _host_ keys, not user
keys - no user home directories should be involved at
all.  I am simply sharing host keys so that all users
on CLIENT can login to SERVER with no passwords ... am
I missing something here ?

I think my problem is that I gave the public _host_
key of the CLIENT to the SERVER, but really I should
give the public _host_ key of the SERVER to the CLIENt
... is that my problem ?