Date:      13 Feb 2003 13:34:03 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sbp + drive enclosures

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 12:12, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> > Ahh.. Takes a few though. Is it possible to add a 'Really go away'
> > command?
>
> depends on how a user notifies to kernel.
> sbp doesn't have a device node yet so i cannot do ioctl now.
> I thinks the command should be issued from CAM layer but I don't know
> what command should be used.

Oh well, the 'fwcontrol -r' thing works pretty well for now :)

> > OK, I wasn't sure given my other problem ;)
>
> It seems that I should put back some M_NOWAIT flags to malloc.
> I'll send you patch later.

OK, I still can't get a dump or backtrace :(

It seems a bit variable as to when it happens - I have seen it just
doing 'fwcontrol -r' and also when plugging the enclosure in.

The last few lines of log are..

fwohci0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id = 0xc000ffc1, 1 CYCLEMASTER node
firewire0: 2 nodes, max hop <= 1, cable IRM = 1 (me)
fwohci0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id = 0xc000ffc1, 1 CYCLEMASTER node
fwohci0: txd err = 0 No stat
fw_xfer_done: pending
fwohci0: BUS reset
fw_attach_dev: 1 pending handlers called
sbp0:0:0 Function rejected
panic: malloc(M_WAITOK) in interrupt context
syncing disks..

(After this is hangs - I can break into the debugger, but I couldn't get
a dump)

(Argh, I just realised I should have done a traceback.. duh)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5