Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:29:59 +0100
From:      Bernd Rosauer <br@schiele-ct.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi cards

Daniel Leeds:

> i have an adaptec 1460 pcmcia scsi card which works just fine with
> freebsd 2.2.5-stable on my thinkpad.
>
> I drive 3 4 gig hard drives, a cdrom, and a DLT tape device all at the
> same time with not one problem.

Last week I read the online description of this card at www.adaptec.com.
They wrote that this card only drives up to _three_ SCSI devices.
This fact was the reason why I did not purchase this card.  I need
to drive a SCSI system case housing six SCSI devices.  From what
you claim I would conclude now that my needs would be fulfilled by
this card.  Right? Is there anyone else driving more than three
devices with one Adaptec SlimSCSI card?

-Bernd