Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:34:33 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon driver sync with linux

On 08/08/2016 04:35, Stefan Ott wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 03:08:57AM +0000, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:
>> Very interested in this; I have several machines with various Radeon GPUs. If there is anything I can do with my very limited abilities, I'd be more than willing to put in the time.
>
> Same here. While I only have one recent Radeon GPU to test
> with, I would be interested in trying to help.

there is heaps of work in this github repo to bring the i915 GPU in-sync
with the 4.6 linux kernel.  mmacy who is spearheading this effort is
also keen to support AMD GPU's as well - and I believe some work has
started to make that so:

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/wiki

YMMV as I've only been focusing on Haswell and Skylake support (both of
which have been working great) - but this branch is under active
development.

Cheers,
-pete

--