Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:18:39 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewire Support

Was wondering if someone can help me...I'm having a problem getting my
firewire card to work.  I just got an Adaptec 4300 which I could have
swarn was supported.  I'm on 4.8 with the generic kernel (which looks
like it has firewire support), but it still won't detect the card.
dmesg shows this, which i think is the card, but I'm confused why it
didn't detect: "<unknown card> (vendor=0x104c, dev=0x8024) at 13.0 irq
11".  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
--Brian