Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:38:38 -0500
From:      Aziz KEZZOU <opensource.enthousiat@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   running freebsd in qemu using the "-nographic" option ?

Hi all,
I am running freebsd 5.3 under qemu (a fast IA32 emulator). My host
system is linux. Everything works fine, but I want to get rid of this
small non-scrollable window, not practical when gcc says I made many
many errors :-)...

Instead I want to get a console. In qemu's  documentation it says :
`-nographic'
    Normally, QEMU uses SDL to display the VGA output. With this
option, you can totally disable graphical output so that QEMU is a
simple command line application. The emulated serial port is
redirected on the console. Therefore, you can still use QEMU to debug
a Linux kernel with a serial console.

So basically what I need is, some how, to tell the freebsd kernel to
forward its output/input to a serial port. In linux this is done by
supplying the parameter "console=ttyS0". Is there something equivalent
in FreeBSD ?

Thanks for your help,
Aziz