Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:02:52 +0100
From:      "Dampure, Pierre-Yves: IT (LDN)" <Pierre.Dampure@barclayscapital.com>
To:        "'current@freebsd.org'" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Make world w/ current

It seems some LKMs do not build properly at the moment:

- The iBCS2 emulation barfs on a file which it cannot locate,
"opt_compat.h", #included by ibcs2_sysent.c since the latest mods; I can't
find this file either... any clues?
- At least one LKM makefile, if_disc, calls ld with the -aout switch which
is not understood up until the "new" ld has been installed. How comes the
system is not using the "new" ld once it has built it?

I managed to get everything to install (except the iBCS2_mod LKM) by:

- "Hiding" the main LKM makefile,
- Finishing the aborted make world with a simple make at the top level of
the source tree,
- Doing a make installworld (which of course aborted on the LKM part),
- Rebooting with a new kernel,
- Finishing the LKM bits,
- Redoing a make installworld.

but I tend to find this slightly unclean...

Am I missing something, or is this part of the migration process to ELF
format?

Best Regards,

Pierre Y.