Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 96 12:47:16 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        hackers%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: Willows

hasty@rah.star-gate.com writes:
>  >
>  > I played with it a little on the weekend. What I'm currently trying
>  > to complete is an ExecFBSD.c. This is where the LDT stuff is handled.
>  > I started with the ExecLinux.c as an example. Linux' handling of the
>  > LDTs is completely different from the way FBSD does it. So basically
>  > I (or someone) need(s) to write it from scratch.
>  >

> I thought that something like wine has examples on how to that sort
> of things (LDT) for FreeBSD...
>
> 	Amancio

I didn't think of looking there. I think that the X server uses LDTs,
and I wanted to look at that, but I don't have the X sources on line.

If wine does use LDTs then it should be fairly simple to cobble an
ExecFBSD.c together.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de