Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 09:05:56 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com, Mike Oligny <moligny@kanotech.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: duplicate messages on this list

> Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 00:49:17 +0000
> From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Kent Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Mike Oligny wrote:
> > >
> > > Me too, me too.  It's horrible... as if there wasn't enough volume
> > > before everything was doubled.
> > >
> > > Oh well, at least I can contribute to the mess -- that makes me feel
> > > slightly better.  =)
> >
> > You have a problem somewhere down your way. I haven't seen a dup.
> >
> > Kent
>
> Many people seem to cross post. I am drowning in a flood of 17000
> messages about freebsd since April 1. It is crazy! But no real
> dups. Look at the headers, they are crossposted.

procmail is your friend. It can trivially eliminate all dups as well
as file things in different places so important stuff does not get
buried in freebsd-questions. I'm not sure how I survived as long as I
did without it! (See man procmailex for the duplicate elimination
recipe!)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)