Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:30:27 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <sanjay@packetstream.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: custom kernel

Hi,

    For better performance and compatibility, built it in the machine where
you going to install it. Also you can copy the kernel config file (after
compiled "text mode") to the other computer, and built it in there, the only
way of copy a compiled kernel to another machine, its that the other
computer has the same hardware, and the same version of freebsd, you cant
mix versions.

BTW Keep a copy to the list because Im not an expert, and maybe someone
could give you more help than I do.

Ales