Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:28:57 -0900
From:      "Michael A.Endsley" <al7oj@customcpu.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing 3.0-R from CD

1). the new 3.0-R is fantastic! Great job to everyone involved
2). I have a Aptiva E-26 that I have FreeBSD 3.0 installed on.
    With the bios set to boot from cd, I am trying to install 3.0-R onto a new
    HD.  The problem is that for some reason, it can't find the kernel. This is
    what I have tried: 1:wcd(0,a)kernel, 1:wcd(0,c)kernel, 0:wcd(0,c)kernel,
     1:cd(0,c)kernel. Nothing that I type will work so that I can use the cd
     rather than a boot floppy. I have checked the maillists, the man pages,
     the FAQ and Handbook. So far, the answer has eluded me.
     What am I missing?
3).  I had to try several times to get /stand/sysinstall to work after the
     "probing" when I installed FBSD on this HD. For some reason, the probe
      really  messes with input from the keyboard. Whatever key I hit while in
      /stand/sysinstall, brings up a small window asking if I really want to
     quit.  I checked the errata, but found nothing on this. Is this just my
     machine?

Thanks for your help!
Mike