Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 01:05:55 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP frustrations!!

> After more playing, I noticed a strange error on boot up that makes me think
> that this may not be a ppp problem.  The error can be duplicated if I try to
> add a route:
>
> # route add default x.x.x.x
>
> writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
> add net default: gateway x.x.x.x: Network is unreachable
>
> I see the same errors on boot-up.  Before now, they were not there.

This is because there's no way of getting to x.x.x.x (yet).  It may
be a result of running ppp in non-auto mode, and doing an "add 0 0
HISADDR" in ppp.conf.  If you're not running -auto mode, there
shouldn't be any ``add'' or ``delete'' commands in ppp.conf.  Check
out the ppp man page with the latest version (the add command
description explains things).

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;