Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:27:10 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai "IOnut" Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus_M2N-MX: on-board nic not found

--Sig_+8SrR9EIIO33M5=LZ3.Zmdj

Hi,

I have a Asus M2N-MX motherboard (NVIDIA nForce 430)
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3D3&l2=3D101&l3=3D343&model=3D1338&mod=
elmenu=3D1

The bigest problem I'm having with it is the on-board nic, that ain't
detected at all ( as in doesn't appear in pciconf -vl from what I read
it should be supported by the nfe driver). It's running PC-BSD 1.3
world (6.1-RELEASE-p10) and a 6.2-RELEASE-p1kernel.

While acpi-dump'ing the folloing error appeared:
 acpidump: RSDT entry 3 (sig OEMB) is corrupt

The required debug information is at:
http://sce-tindy.tecnik93.com/FreeBSD/errors/Asus_M2N-MX/

As a note, the BIOS offers an option to use ACPI 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0; the
dump is with 2.0 (I didn't see any difference with any of them wrt the
nix problem, also tested with and without APIC).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--=20

BOFH excuse #210:
We didn't pay the Internet bill and it's been cut off.

--Sig_+8SrR9EIIO33M5=LZ3.Zmdj

--Sig_+8SrR9EIIO33M5=LZ3.Zmdj--